24/333 Transferring Windows License


I woke up so early this morning and so early at work also. Even it's not the start of my duty yet, I decided to do the stuff I have to do when I'm going on duty so it gets easier later on. The free coffee at McDonalds is still going on and lots of people are getting their coffees which don't benefit McDonalds. I really don't know why they are giving free coffee for one week. Well, it's not so busy today so I wen't home at 1:00 pm. Before going home, I went to Sobey's to pick up the keyboard that I ordered online from Canada Computers which I bought last week.

I'm excited to open up the box to see how does it look and how's the performance of the keyboard. After I opened it, I rushed to plug it into my new computer and I got stun with its beauty. The lights are so good, have stunning appearance, good keys, nice font on the keyboard letters and the mind bugling design.

I am trying to contact Microsoft when I got home regarding the license transfer of their project. I would like to transfer the license of my Windows 8 Pro key to my new custom built computer. I called the Microsoft Tech Department several times until I got no time, because I'm scheduled to pick up my dad from work because he has to go to the dental clinic to have his tooth extracted. At like 5:00 pm we reached home.

Right after we got home, I contacted again Microsoft Tech Department and someone answered the phone call with a good customer service, I discussed what I want of course. I told him that I want to transfer the license of my Windows 8 OS from my laptop to my desktop computer. And then we did a remote desktop support because he have to access my computer in order to transfer the license key. While the transfer is being made, he asked me if how much did I bought my computer, and he's shocked with the price. And I said it's not yet done because I still need SSD and a video card. I asked if he's from United States and shockingly, he said he's from Microsoft Philippines. Now I know how their lines are working, whenever you call their number, it will go to different country who is available to help. Of course I said that I'm from Philippines as well but I currently live here in Canada. After those chats, we thought that it's already been activated. He forgot something to do that I don't know of course and surprisingly I smiled because I saw that my operating system is now activated with the key that I used from my laptop, so it's successfully transferred.

I updated my operating system to Windows 8.1 which I really should do to have my computer up-to-date. And then, I customized it like what I did on my laptop before. Because Windows 8 basic things kinda sucks when you're looking at its first design so you have to customize it to get better.

At 9:00 pm, I have to leave because I have to pick up mom from work. After that I need to get ready to bed and talk to my wife, I know she's already mad because I'm not chatting her within couple of hours ago. I don't want to get her mad so I have to be sweet every time.

I'll see you later, take care!

24/333 Transferring Windows License

0 comments: